I'd like to choose a real estate professional to aid my Phoenix/Scottsdale home search. Please feel free to cut and paste your answers below.
1. Do you work full-time or part-time as a real estate agent?
2. Is your license in good standing?
3. Are you also a broker and/or a REALTORŪ?
4. How many years of education and experience do you have?
5. How well do you know the area(s) I'm interested in?
6. How many other clients are you representing now?
7. Will you handle all aspects of my transaction, or will you delegate some tasks to a sales associate or administrative assistant?
8. Can you provide me with the names and contact information for three recent clients from whom I can obtain references?
9. How many real estate transactions did you complete in each of the last 2 years?
10. What was the dollar volume of your transactions in each of the last 2 years?
11. What percentage of your business is with home buyers? What percentage of your home-buyer business is with first time buyers?
12. How old are your clients, on average? Do they have children?
13. What was the price range of the homes you helped your clients buy and sell last year?
14. What would you say is the average price of the homes you helped your clients buy and sell?
15. Are you an exclusive buyer broker? Do you ask home buyers to sign an exclusivity contract? Do you charge an upfront fee that is later applied to the commission?
16. What are the primary neighborhoods or communities in which you work?
17. How familiar are you with the schools, crime statistics, and demographics of the various neighborhoods?
18. What style of home do you most frequently work with?
19. Are you a smoker or non-smoker?
20 How many clients do you work with at a given time?
21. How frequently will I hear from you? Are you planning any extended vacations within the next 1-2 months?
A little about myself and what I'm looking for. First off, I am a first-time home buyer. I feel like I have a fairly good grasp of the whole home-buying process, but I would like as much help and your thoughts/recommendations as possible. I am looking for a single-family home, preferably in the Scottsdale area (primarily for resale value as I plan to move again out of the Phoenix area approximately 5 years from now, but would welcome any other insight into other "hot" real estate areas in the greater Phoenix area). I would prefer newer construction, as I travel frequently for work and prefer low-maintenance and modern appliances/floor-plans. I would also prefer a home with a pool for added resale value, but obviously as well for the summer heat. I'd like either a gated or at least "master planned" community, again for resale value, but for aesthetic value and security as well. My price range is 250k to 400k.
I realize this may be hard to accomplish in Scottsdale, but I am willing to look
at an older home or other Phoenix areas; that is of high quality construction
and has been modernly updated with things such as stainless appliances, modern
floor-plan, wood floors, fireplace, etc. I'll provide much more information after
I've chosen my representation.
Thank you very much for your time,